More people than ever are afflicted with chronic pain and the medical field is moving further toward the management of pain with habit-forming prescription drugs. For those whose lives are not working well with medications, Pain Recovery offers an alternative solution. More than just a treatment for chronic pain, pain recovery is a lifestyle that encompasses the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the self and addresses relationships and actions.
Spelled out in easy-to-understand language are the four points of balance for pain recovery that anyone can practice and find freedom from the suffering that often afflicts those living in chronic pain. This book will show you how to:
- Improve your physical health by taking good care of yourself and paying attention to your body and its needs.
- Practice positive thinking and change your thought patterns and your experience of pain.
- “Feel your feelings” in a healthy manner without feeling like you are self-destructing.
- Reduce behaviors that contribute to pain so that you can decrease negative consequences and gain insight into how you have been creating your own adversity.
- Create healthy, interdependent relationships that offer you support, love, and acceptance.
- Seek a spiritually-centered life to find a sense of inner peace and harmony.
- Build a foundation of recovery that can help give you the strength and courage to face difficult times and life’s challenges.
The authors offer proven-effective techniques to reduce pain and provide lessons and exercises based on a successful, opioid-free pain rehabilitation program that has helped change the lives of many chronic pain sufferers.